- Comprehensive Video/Audio Options
- Low Latency
- Multiple Concurrent IP Streams with FEC
- Advanced VBI Support
- Video/Audio Signal Generation
- Robust/Lightweight Design
- SNMP Monitoring
The Adtec EN-81 is a multi-CODEC low delay MPEG 2 and MPEG 4 AVC/H.264 high definition encoder. Since its introduction in 2010, the EN-81 has set the standard for multipurpose, multi-CODEC compression platforms. It is deployed in very large numbers globally providing high performance, reliability and value for sensitive broadcast and services contribution that do not get a second chance. Its proven interoperability, usability, and units in service are simply unmatched. The EN-81 is the global benchmark for DSNG, Tier One Contribution and trunking for Teleports, OB Vans and fiber operators globally.
The lightweight, 10 pound or 4.5 Kilo EN81 offers amazing features and specifications in its 1 RU chassis, including redundant AC power supplies, enhanced control and monitoring via its front-panel, a browser and SNMP; video support includes SD, 2D-HD and 3D AVC 422 with support for MPEG 2, sixteen channels of audio encoding, robust VBI support, reliability and easy of use all for an extraordinary value. In addition to encoding audio, the EN-81 pass-through support includes PCM, DolbyE (16 and 20 Bit) and Dolby AC3 (2.0 and 5.1).
The EN-81 encodes and concurrently transports services via ASI, IP and DVBS/S2. The DVBS/S2 modulator is available in IF or L-band with modulation modes ranging from QPSK up to 32APSK based on software licenses.
- Comprehensive Video/Audio Options: Encoding via HD/SD-SDI with embedded audio and analog composite video is standard on the EN-81 Series with a wide range of encoding profiles. Audio encoding options for the EN-81 includes 4 encodes. Configuration can allow mixing and matching of (4) MPEG1 Layer 2 encodes, (2) Optional Dolby AC3 encodes and (2) Passthru modes for PCM, Dolby E/2.0/5.1 and Linear Acoustics. Audio encoding options for the EN-81 extends the audio encode options to 8 encodes. Configuration can allow mixing and matching of (8) MPEG1 Layer 2 encodes and (2) Passthrough of PCM, Dolby E/2.0/5.1 and Linear Acoustics.
- Low Latency: The EN-81 offers a flexible latency configuration with various applications in mind. Available are settings ideal for Distribution Applications (1 sec.), Contribution Applications (400ms to 250ms) and even those interested in going very low (120ms).
- Multiple Concurrent IP streams w/ FEC: With Four (4) unique UDP or RTP encapsulated routes, the EN-81 series offers Forward Error Correction (FEC) standard all while concurrently transmitting ASI and optional DVBS/S2.
- Advanced VBI support: Adtec provides support for Waveform, Closed Caption (608, 708, DVS-157), Wide Screen Signaling (WSS), Teletext, AMOL and VITC. Additional support for Closed Caption 608 to 708 up-conversion and Closed Caption, WSS and Waveform caption bridging. On-board VBI analyzer provides up to the minute data on any inbound VBI data.
- Video/Audio Signal Generation: Whether you want to enable Video and Audio signal on the fly or rely on our user defined fail mode, we have many options. The EN-81 Series has the ability to generate SMPTE Bars, solid color signal as well as the ability to post DVB Service Name and Service Provide OSD to the screen. Advanced Tone Generation allows frequency, phase and mute per channel or pair as a standard feature.
- Robust/Light Weight design: Weighing in at a slight 9 lbs. (4.08 kg), the EN was designed for mobility and reliability. Standard redundant AC power supplies, rugged assembly, hardened mechanical assemblies, locking screws and interconnections provides a platform that not only is economical to ship, but economical to operate!
- Monitoring: SNMP monitoring, front panel LED and LCD visual alarms, web-based statusing and event logging are standard.